- Eats lots protein and good fats: Pork, grass-fed beef, chicken, turkey, wild catches of fish, pasture-raised eggs. Favorite fats to cook with: coconut, lard, tallow, butter, goat’s milk butter, ghee and EVOO (drizzling).
- Next load up on organic veggies, especially thermogenic ones that make the body work! Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes, Brussels Sprouts, asparagus and mushrooms are among my favorites (especially as you can tell by looking at my recipes)
- Nuts and berries: my feelings on nuts have changed somewhat. I love me some nuts, however, they do contain phytic acid, so I would recommend soaking and roasting before consuming to save your vitamin and mineral stores and for proper digestion. Berries are just fantastic! Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries; I love them all.
- Fruits: grapefruit, orange, small apples, grapes, plums, peaches, pears are among some of my favs.
- Love the side caption because with Paleo theyexcludes dairy, but with all my research I truly believe in traditional raw dairy (really loving goat’s milk at the present moment, but again with dairy and with all eating you have to test what works best for you). Fermented foods? Hell yes! Great for digestion, it works as a probiotic so your gut will thank you for it. Just a condiment size portion with each meal is all it takes. Plus it helps retains nutrients. What would I add to this list? Cod liver oil for optimal vitamin A and D stores. BONE BROTHS. I am obsessed with a bone broth, especially gelatinous thick ones. Soothes your digestive walls and with nutrient pick-up, use it for a stew or in anything! I put it in my eggs, in my meat, it is my favorite way to prepare my liver.
People often make it so hard. This is simple. EAT REAL FOOD! Good meat, butter, fruits and vegetable? I mean come on! That’s all for the day, a picture is worth a thousand words.